Thomasville Furniture - Dishonest Dealings with Thomasville of Summerlin
My wife and I purchased a Modern Theory dining table, chairs, and buffet from the Summerlin location in January 2013.Each piece of furniture was defective and we made arrangements with Francine, the store manager, to receive two replacement buffet cabinets, a new dining table, and new chairs.
I have a phone message recorded from Francine on 3/12/13 that states that the new furniture has been ordered and some of the chairs will be fixed. On 3/30/13, the replacement furniture arrived at our house however we quickly noticed that the furniture was discolored, worn, dusty, and marred. The dining room table looked very similar to the floor model at the store. While the installers were still at our house, I went to the store to see if the replacement furniture was actually the floor models.
I took pictures of the bottom part of the buffet still in the store (the top cabinets were shipped to our house) and took a picture of the spot where the table used to be showcased. A bed was put in the same spot as a placeholder. The chairs were just sitting around the bed. Instead of ordering new furniture, the store manager tried to pass the used, worn out floor furniture as new furniture.
We were never told that this would be the case. They were going to take the original set of furniture that was initially sent to our house back to the store and that was going to be the new floor models. We were sent used, worn out, and marred furniture however still paying full retail price of over $7,000. This was a completely dishonest and unethical move by the store manager.
I talked to Francine on the spot and told her to take everything back. She was shocked because she was caught in the act. When I got back my house, the installer loaded up all the furniture and took it away. I have been forced to send a demand letter to the store and in 7 days, I will file a case in small claims court.
Our account has not been credited nor have we heard from Francine or anyone else at the store regarding this matter. I'm so disappointed in Thomasville and the manner of deceit over this furniture.
I have pictures and phone message recordings to show how we were deceived therefore I have no problem with going to court over this however all I want is to be refunded fully and to not deal with that store manager ever again.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We have had Jeromes service person to our house three times to look at our sectional because the vinyl fabric started wearing through in the first three months. Each time,..."
- "On the date of 10/24/11I purchased a living room set from Ashley Furniture .The set consisted of ,A couch and love seat, 2 end tables ,one soft table.I thought..."
- "The quality of RTG furnitures sucks！ And their so-called "Force Field" treatment is a total scam!!!! Purchased one Cindy Crawford Sidney Road sofa, one loveseat and one ottoman from RTG's supercenter..."
- "I was told the firat 5 times regardless of weight i would recieve $50 but after 5 hours of being there stuck 3 times and then very bruised afterwards i..."
- "Purchased from Home Depot a RO water filtration system, it leaked and caused damage. They sent plumbers to repair it a few times and the damage under the sink cannot..."
- "We spent a lot of labor prepping the deck properly according to instructions. Spent a lot of hours applying the deck over. Actually left town to allow the decking to..."
- "I buy a pizza in papa johns pizza in 9255 S Eastern Ste 320 Henderson NV 89123. And the pizza was not cooked, we order with extra cheese and..."
- "Tivoli Village Las Vegas David Barton Steam Room Men's Locker room. Tivoli Village Rotunda 2nd Floor David Barton Gym. What happens in Steam room stays in Steam Room. I'm sure..."
- "Since our purchased our 2017 38el model we have had some problems with the unit. Two of the most annoying situations is getting things that were told to us about..."