My wife and I purchased a Modern Theory dining table, chairs, and buffet from the Summerlin location in January 2013.Each piece of furniture was defective and we made arrangements with Francine, the store manager, to receive two replacement buffet cabinets, a new dining table, and new chairs.
I have a phone message recorded from Francine on 3/12/13 that states that the new furniture has been ordered and some of the chairs will be fixed. On 3/30/13, the replacement furniture arrived at our house however we quickly noticed that the furniture was discolored, worn, dusty, and marred. The dining room table looked very similar to the floor model at the store. While the installers were still at our house, I went to the store to see if the replacement furniture was actually the floor models.
I took pictures of the bottom part of the buffet still in the store (the top cabinets were shipped to our house) and took a picture of the spot where the table used to be showcased. A bed was put in the same spot as a placeholder. The chairs were just sitting around the bed. Instead of ordering new furniture, the store manager tried to pass the used, worn out floor furniture as new furniture.
We were never told that this would be the case. They were going to take the original set of furniture that was initially sent to our house back to the store and that was going to be the new floor models. We were sent used, worn out, and marred furniture however still paying full retail price of over $7,000. This was a completely dishonest and unethical move by the store manager.
I talked to Francine on the spot and told her to take everything back. She was shocked because she was caught in the act. When I got back my house, the installer loaded up all the furniture and took it away. I have been forced to send a demand letter to the store and in 7 days, I will file a case in small claims court.
Our account has not been credited nor have we heard from Francine or anyone else at the store regarding this matter. I'm so disappointed in Thomasville and the manner of deceit over this furniture.
I have pictures and phone message recordings to show how we were deceived therefore I have no problem with going to court over this however all I want is to be refunded fully and to not deal with that store manager ever again.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "We purchased a leather sofa and love seat from Ashley Furniture,Springdale, OH in November 2008. I have paid around $1000 for these.It has not been 3 years since our purchase..."
- "We purchase a leather sofa quite some time ago. We didn't "love" it but we owned it. It was miserably uncomfortable.2 weeks ago we were moving it and happened to..."
- "Purchased leather Big Picture package ($1999.99) from Garner White with the leather protection coverage ($99.00). Leather Is crumbling between the cushions, arm rest, and back rest area (see pics). Product..."
- "So I am a female escort... and naturally backpage.com has the entire escort market monopolized. So I choose to do my business there. Before posting any ads on backpage I..."
- "MAY 2016 Qua Baths and Spa Picture taking of others nude is HAPPENING, and it appears other members are just "texting". you're nude picture on their phone, their adult website, maybe..."
- "TLC sold me and my girl a 20,000 point platinum membership membership. the salesman told us that we could get countless vacations for $249 dollars and use our points to..."
- "Case: 1. Download latest Android Snapdeal app 2. Register/Login 3. Connect with Freecharge 4. Keep some money into Freecharge wallet 5. Add some products into Cart 6. Cart -->Proceed to payment 7...."
- "We purchased a new zero water pitcher and filled once a day for 24 straight days using for our coffee. The 25th day i poured a glass of water..."
- "as you can see, there are many many negative reviews about salad master. A cook ware that can cost up to $3,500.00 . It's a Sham when dealers on top..."