Thomasville Furniture - Dishonest Dealings with Thomasville of Summerlin
My wife and I purchased a Modern Theory dining table, chairs, and buffet from the Summerlin location in January 2013.Each piece of furniture was defective and we made arrangements with Francine, the store manager, to receive two replacement buffet cabinets, a new dining table, and new chairs.
I have a phone message recorded from Francine on 3/12/13 that states that the new furniture has been ordered and some of the chairs will be fixed. On 3/30/13, the replacement furniture arrived at our house however we quickly noticed that the furniture was discolored, worn, dusty, and marred. The dining room table looked very similar to the floor model at the store. While the installers were still at our house, I went to the store to see if the replacement furniture was actually the floor models.
I took pictures of the bottom part of the buffet still in the store (the top cabinets were shipped to our house) and took a picture of the spot where the table used to be showcased. A bed was put in the same spot as a placeholder. The chairs were just sitting around the bed. Instead of ordering new furniture, the store manager tried to pass the used, worn out floor furniture as new furniture.
We were never told that this would be the case. They were going to take the original set of furniture that was initially sent to our house back to the store and that was going to be the new floor models. We were sent used, worn out, and marred furniture however still paying full retail price of over $7,000. This was a completely dishonest and unethical move by the store manager.
I talked to Francine on the spot and told her to take everything back. She was shocked because she was caught in the act. When I got back my house, the installer loaded up all the furniture and took it away. I have been forced to send a demand letter to the store and in 7 days, I will file a case in small claims court.
Our account has not been credited nor have we heard from Francine or anyone else at the store regarding this matter. I'm so disappointed in Thomasville and the manner of deceit over this furniture.
I have pictures and phone message recordings to show how we were deceived therefore I have no problem with going to court over this however all I want is to be refunded fully and to not deal with that store manager ever again.
More Review Details
- Monetary loss:
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "Please don't buy the Sundvik Crib from IKEA - SUNDVIK crib review I LOVE(D) IKEA. But now I am having serious doubts. We purchased the Sundvik Crib last..."
- "Hello John, Thank you for contacting Ashley Furniture Industries, Inc. in Arcadia, WI. I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing problems with your Ashley furniture. All warranties are..."
- "These people delivered (2) new leather couches 1-1/2 months late in July, 2008. Tore a hole in (1) couch when bringing in to the room. Since then, they have moved..."
- "Le site ericdress est censé vendre des chaussures de luxe ayant à la base des prix allant de $300 à $2000 à prix cassants, -70%. Les photos sont très vendeuses..."
- "TLC sold me and my girl a 20,000 point platinum membership membership. the salesman told us that we could get countless vacations for $249 dollars and use our points to..."
- "I walked into a self-ie picture taking at 3:30pm Oct 8, 2014, I was wet (now with underwear on), but was not in the picture, 5 minutes later I brought..."
- "I have been using Webeasy since 2007 and have created many sites with the program. I have often found glitches which were remedied by support either online or by phone,..."
- "OMG DONT RENT FROM THEM!! They are slum lords! Online the pictures were of a nice house. I rented via internet moving from Florida to Indiana. What I got was..."
- "I have been paying for 10 years and now they stopped taking my payments all of a sudden,,,, no one knows why, they brought my fico from 748 down to..."