Thomasville Furniture - Dishonest Dealings with Thomasville of Summerlin

My wife and I purchased a Modern Theory dining table, chairs, and buffet from the Summerlin location in January 2013.Each piece of furniture was defective and we made arrangements with Francine, the store manager, to receive two replacement buffet cabinets, a new dining table, and new chairs.

I have a phone message recorded from Francine on 3/12/13 that states that the new furniture has been ordered and some of the chairs will be fixed. On 3/30/13, the replacement furniture arrived at our house however we quickly noticed that the furniture was discolored, worn, dusty, and marred. The dining room table looked very similar to the floor model at the store. While the installers were still at our house, I went to the store to see if the replacement furniture was actually the floor models.

I took pictures of the bottom part of the buffet still in the store (the top cabinets were shipped to our house) and took a picture of the spot where the table used to be showcased. A bed was put in the same spot as a placeholder. The chairs were just sitting around the bed. Instead of ordering new furniture, the store manager tried to pass the used, worn out floor furniture as new furniture.

We were never told that this would be the case. They were going to take the original set of furniture that was initially sent to our house back to the store and that was going to be the new floor models. We were sent used, worn out, and marred furniture however still paying full retail price of over $7,000. This was a completely dishonest and unethical move by the store manager.

I talked to Francine on the spot and told her to take everything back. She was shocked because she was caught in the act. When I got back my house, the installer loaded up all the furniture and took it away. I have been forced to send a demand letter to the store and in 7 days, I will file a case in small claims court.

Our account has not been credited nor have we heard from Francine or anyone else at the store regarding this matter. I'm so disappointed in Thomasville and the manner of deceit over this furniture.

I have pictures and phone message recordings to show how we were deceived therefore I have no problem with going to court over this however all I want is to be refunded fully and to not deal with that store manager ever again.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Helpful? 1 Yes 1 0 No 0
Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan

Post a comment to start a discussion.

Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.