I purchased a custom chair and Sofa on Nov. 11, 1014 from Veronica, at an exclusive Thomasville furnature showroom in Tampa FL. I was told 6-8 weeks delivery. Two days later Veronica called me And said my chair fabric was discontinued so I went back in whereby she had different fabrics already pulled and assured me the combination would be beautiful. I had my doubts but trusted her as the professional. She said she would send me fabric swatches. 2 weeks went by and I had to call her again asking for the swatches. Next week I received swatches for the couch and just one swatch for the chair but not both. Looking back I now think it was deliberate to not get both chair fabrics.

Week after week passed and each time I called Veronica asking about my order she had a different excuse as to why the order was taking so long. The factory closed for 10 days during the holidays, the couch fabric on back order... Always me calling in follow up. Then finally when I called, she said the chair was in the week before! This being 10 weeks after my order was placed. The sofa was going to be another 3 weeks out making this 3 months.

During this time, I wrote two complaints to corporate and received NO response from Thomasville at all.

After third complaint, a very rude delivery girl called to schedule the chair but I was at work so when I said I'd call back she said she'd be gone for the day, by then, and she would call me back in the morning. Another week went by and letter sent to corporate before the delivery was scheduled. Upon delivery of the chair only, right away it was clear the fabrics did not match and I then understood why I was only sent one fabric swatch. Had I received both and been given a chance to study both together, I would have canceled or changed the selection. The showroom was dark and seeing them in different lights, would have easily revealed they did not coordinate.

I refused the chair. It was taken back. In my frustration, I closed my line of credit, paid the deposit in full. $1,500. For nothing just to keep my credit positive and told Synchrony that I will not authorize any more charges or pay for any thing else Thomasville puts on the account.

To date, Thomasville was allowed to charged me for the sofa also, another $2,100, which I am disputing, and have RECEIVED NO FURNITURE OR COMMUNICATION FROM THE COMPANY!

3 months to receive a order with a 6-8 week expectation and no company communication is unexceptable and the customer service has been deplorable.

To date, I am out $1,500. for nothing with no communication from the company to try to make amends and they are trying to get me to pay for the remainder of an order whereby the company has not contacted me.

How can I be forced to pay for something I have not received when the company haven't even tried to update me on the whereabouts of my sofa?

Now it's a matter of principle. Companies like Thomasville abuse purchase agreements entered into by trusting clients.

Not me. I will never purchase another Thomasville piece of furnature.

This reviewer shared experience about order processing issue and wants this business to offer any options to resolve the issue as the author lost $3500. The author is overall dissatisfied with Thomasville Furniture. Reviewer wants customer support to reach out to him or her ASAP for further discussion of this matter.

Also, you can continue reading comments about Thomasville Furniture.

Check out the best and the worst companies in Furniture and Decor category for more informed decision or compare Thomasville Furniture to other companies on our site.

Comments