Thomasville furniture = CHEAP furniture

91 of 139 Thomasville Furniture reviews

I purchased a couch and a loveseat in what I thought was Thomasville upper end.I even paid to have down cushions.

I have had the furniture for almost 5 months and they look like they are 5 years old. The cushions sag on the bottom and the back cushions fall and sag. We are not heavy people either. Totally ridiculous that less than 5 months after purchasing this junk I am wishing for the 7 year old couches that i used to have.

This is OVERPRICED JUNK.

RUN from the Thomasville store unless you are looking for disposable furniture and plan on purchasing every year. Their furniture is flat out awful.

Paid cash for it too!Shame on me.

This review is a subjective opinion of a user.
Report Comment Private message author

Had the same issue 0 Yes 0
91 of 139 Thomasville Furniture reviews
Comment as anonymous As anonymous or Log in
OR Is it your business? Respond to your
customers as verified company representative.
Apply for a Free Plan
Kathy

Nov 09, 2012 #566777

Thank you so much for posting these comments. You have saved me some headache and money. Will not consider Thomasville in my search for a new sofa.

Scott Nicoll

Jan 29, 2012 #418286

A few years ago I purchased a very expensive "L" shaped sectional sofa from T-Ville. It looks to be the same style as the above sofa love seat. Upon delivery the cushions looked oddly mis-shaped. The sofa was assembled abrubtly and the delivery men left. The sofa never sat level on the floor and the back sections of the furniture never met in a flush manner. One seat hat connected to the corner piece was fine and comfortable....the other section always made you feel like one butt cheek was 3 inches higher. I called the store where I made the purchase and the main store. After dozens of calls One Customer Service Rep came to my home and made it a point to let me know he travelled over an hour. he said the sofa was unlevel because of my carpet. * The sofa was not even on top of the carpet. Then he said it was the wood floors in my 75 yr old house. He also said the cushions needed to be taken out of the slip covers "DAILY" and fluffed to maintain shape. * If I knew this I wld never buy a sofa where I had to do this to ELEVEN cushions every day. He also said the feet on the sofa were able to "level" the sofa. This was not the case. They were just screwed on feet and changing the depth of the screw made the feet unstable.

Months later another Rep came to my home. I elieve he was Polish or Russian. I could not understand a word he said due to his thick accent. he came to take photos of my now sagging cushions and frame work. Whe I asked him to take
... Show more

Donna Lyons

Jan 25, 2012 #415894

I agree with comments on Thomasville Furniture. Quality has declined greatly; noticed that it is made in China now. I bought two couches about four years ago; material is worn already and the couch's cushions do not lay right. I had bought from them over 12 years ago and thought alot of the furniture, that is why I went back for more.

Donna Lyons

Jan 25, 2012 #415893

Deelyn

Jan 09, 2012 #405706

Good suggestion. I am sorry that you are in the same position. Maybe we can save someone else from throwing away their money by posting on the 'net.
Good luck!

D A

Jan 09, 2012 #405629

We are in the same boat. Only we refused to accept the sofa it was so defective and the two chairs we accepted are defective. We were promised they would be picked up and returned in December WELL they are still sitting here.
Post your complaint on Thomasville's facebook page. People need to know what junk their furniture is and that it is all made in China and Mexico. Yes supposedly the actual upholstery work is done in the US but the materials and frames are all coming from China. Also there are a number of websites reporting Thomasville Furniture contains TRICLOSAN a dangerous toxin.
Post on their facebook page they don't like it all!

0 0 Reply
Great comment! Would you like to convert it into review?

You will be able to edit the text before publishing.

× You are about to contact PissedConsumer.com

Review submitted through "Contact Us" will not get published on the site or forwarded to Thomasville Furniture. However, many companies do monitor reviews on our site.

×
You were reading a complaint about Thomasville Furniture.
Filing a new complaint about
×