Lubbock, Texas

After more than 30 years of marriage we were able to purchase Thomasville's Fredericksburg dining table and chairs. After about two-three years several of my 8 chair backs have developed multiple hairline cracks. I

Related: Thomasville Furniture - 8x12 Rug

e-mailed Spears' Furniture (Lubbock, TX) and attached photos of the chairs. Their customer rep came to the house and took pictures as well. She told me she would contact Thomasville, send them the pics and let me know what Thomasville would do.

Some time later I called the rep asking if they had contacted Thomasville. (Yes, I had to call them.) According to the rep Thomasville has a one year warranty. Neither Thomasville or the furniture store would do anything. Not even suggestions on what I should do to protect the chairs were suggested.

I did find some consumer information in my file saying that something called plasticizers are part of the furniture finish. They add them to the nitrocellulose lacquer. This provides flexibility which allows it to shrink and swell with temperature changes. If plasticizers are omitted, the finish can crack." I assume they forgot to add the plasticizer?! Or perhaps Thomasville is no longer the quality furniture it once was. Buyer Beware I would attach the photographs if I could.

Review about: Fredericksburg Dining Chairs.

Reason of Review / Monetary Loss Not specified / Not specified
Preferred solution Not specified

Had an Experience with Thomasville Furniture?

Comments

Be first to start a discussion.