Thomasville Furniture - Thomasville's quality furniture--NOT!
After more than 30 years of marriage we were able to purchase Thomasville's Fredericksburg dining table and chairs. After about two-three years several of my 8 chair backs have developed multiple hairline cracks. I
e-mailed Spears' Furniture (Lubbock, TX) and attached photos of the chairs. Their customer rep came to the house and took pictures as well. She told me she would contact Thomasville, send them the pics and let me know what Thomasville would do.
Some time later I called the rep asking if they had contacted Thomasville. (Yes, I had to call them.) According to the rep Thomasville has a one year warranty. Neither Thomasville or the furniture store would do anything. Not even suggestions on what I should do to protect the chairs were suggested.
I did find some consumer information in my file saying that something called plasticizers are part of the furniture finish. They add them to the nitrocellulose lacquer. This provides flexibility which allows it to shrink and swell with temperature changes. If plasticizers are omitted, the finish can crack." I assume they forgot to add the plasticizer?! Or perhaps Thomasville is no longer the quality furniture it once was. Buyer Beware I would attach the photographs if I could.
More Review Details
- Product or service
- Fredericksburg Dining Chairs
- Review category
- Furniture and Decor
You May Also Like
- "BOBS SELLS REFURBISHED FURNITIRE!!! (See Pictures)I am very, very pleased with my Bob's purchase. My wife and I were looking for a new bedroom set. So in..."
- "Service tech agrees with customer that table is damaged and also is Manchester loveseat and lamp. The only reason Havertys accepted returning the lamp is because the victim called Pacific..."
- " Be wary of purchasing anything here. I purchased the Venice Sofa, Love Seat and Ottoman and spent about $2000 for it. I love the set but am having warranty..."
- "We have 3 crane toilets and 2 out of the 3 tanks have spontaneously ruptured in the the past year with the most recent one in August while we were..."
- "This company is awful. My boyfriend ordered me a skirt from here a few weeks ago. He was told it'd take 6-10business days to arrive.when it didn't he contacted them..."
- "I've ordered tons of things and most of them have been sent via Usps. I've never really had a problem, until lately. Two of my latest purchases have been sent..."
- "I purchased two tickets (order number 6743462) for an Adele concert at the Genting Arena (LG Arena), Birmingham on 29 March 2016 for £405.97. Our seat numbers were Section E,..."
- "Got E-mail for FREE SHIPPING and 25% off all merchandise. That is a total and complete lie. They give nothing off on AS SEEN ON TV ITEMS. The web-site does..."
- "I was with my mother, grandmother, and grandfather in the disabled line, my grandmother is lame and incontinent and my grandfather can't walk down slopes. The line for people with..."